UDMA's Teacher Impact Award
Encouraging, passionate and caring dance teachers who are positive mentors and leaders!
UDMA is in search of dance teachers who go above and beyond for their students. Those who encourage students to succeed in dance and life. If you know a teacher that is someone special in a student's life, tell us why and your teacher could be honored with UDMA’s Teacher Impact Award 2018!
Those interested in nominating a teacher may submit a video for that teacher who they have worked with prior to, or since, January 2017.
Each teacher may only be nominated once.
There will be 3 (three) UDMA's Teacher Impact Award presented at each of our 2018 UDMA's Big Costume & Dance Teacher Expo in Edison, NJ (9/22&23), Schaumburg, IL (9/29&30) and Duluth, GA (10/6&7). Note: Awards will be presented on Saturday afternoon.
Teacher nominations for the UDMA’s Teacher Impact Award should be referenced to the show that is closest to the teacher’s studio location.
The nominator should create a video, up to 1 minute in length, expressing why they are nominating their teacher for UDMA’s Teacher Impact Award 2018.
Round #1 UDMA Teacher Impact Award
Posting and Likes
1) Videos must be posted on Instagram and/or Facebook using the specified hashtag for the 2018 UDMA’s Teacher Impact Award closest to your teacher’s studio location.
- New Jersey-#UDMATEACHERNJ
Please note: submissions without the required information or on platforms other than Facebook or Instagram will not be considered
2) Video posts must include teacher name, studio name, and city/state of studio
3) Share your video on social media and Invite all your friends to share and like
4) Videos that receive the most likes (Facebook and/or Instagram) by April 30 will move to round #2
Round #2 UDMA Teacher Impact Award
May 7 – June 4
VOTING ROUND/UDMA FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM PAGES
The 20 videos with the most likes for each location (from each #hashtag) will be posted on the UDMA Facebook and Instagram platforms where they can be shared and/or liked for round #2 of voting.
1) Share your videos from UDMA on Facebook and Instagram from May 7-June 4.
2) Videos that receive the most likes (Facebook and/or Instagram) by June 4 will be the winners. One winner will be chosen for each city with a total of three awards presented.
Note: Only videos shared from the UDMA Facebook and Instagram pages will be eligible.
In the event of a tie, the judges (UDMA board) will decide winners.
Announcement of Winners
UDMA will announce each winner on June 18. UDMA will contact winning teachers for an interview that will be featured on the UDMA website. Winners will be invited to receive their award at the UDMA Big Costume & Dance Teacher Expo, where they will be recognized for their achievement. Prizes for the winners are graciously donated by the UDMA members.
If you have questions, please contact Megan Markowski at email@example.com.